Coaches are teachers and life-long learners! Check out all the exciting educational opportunities and benefits provided to our NFCA members!
- Learn from the best coaches in the nation!
- The National Fastpitch Coaches College provides an in-depth look at various aspects of the game.
- Attendees receive classroom and on-field instruction.
- Work your way toward a "Master Coach" title and earn Continuing Education Units.
- EIGHT different courses to choose from each year!
- Courses, Star Program Overview, Master Coach List, Continuing Education Units and much more
With the recent aquisition of NSC's National Softball Coaches Clinics, the NFCA has added seven clinics to its program. Along with our annual Louisville clinic (January 5-6, 2018) at the Horseshoe Southern Indiana Hotel and Casino in Elizabeth, Ind., the NFCA will hold clinics in Chicago (2), Portland, Ore., Charlotte, Minneapolis, Nashville and Kansas City .These clinics will be a tremendous educational opportunity for coaches of all levels to learn from the best in the game. Over two days, participants will gain knowledge from world-class speakers and be able to mingle with exhibitors, who will be showcasing some of the newest innovations in the softball world.
- Chicago Advanced (Dec. 1-2, 2017)
- Louisville (Jan. 5-6, 2018)
- Chicago (Jan. 5-6, 2018)
- Portland, Ore. (Jan. 12-13, 2018)
- Charlotte (Jan. 12-13, 2018)
- Minneapolis (Jan. 19-20, 2018)
- Nashville (Jan. 19-20, 2018)
- Kansas City (Jan. 26-27, 2018)
- Provide input regarding the NFCA coaching education program
- Make recommendations for new educational ideas
- Aid in the implementation of educational programming
The NFCA is proud to announce a game-changing EXCLUSIVE benefits package to all High School, Travel Ball and Youth Coach members (current and new) that will immediately improve your team! We know how important practice is to the success of your team and that’s why we’ve partnered with Softball Excellence, who specializes in softball education, to create the following membership benefit just for Travel Ball, High School and Youth Ball Coaches.
Here’s a look at what you’ll receive with your NFCA membership:
- 9 Practice Plans (ready-to-use practices.)
- 34 Team Drills (fielding, throwing, sliding and strategy)
- 18 Hitting Drills (within a Hitting Drills eBook that include both Batting T and Toss Drills
- 3 Video Drills
Packages (Year One)
- NFCA Effective Coaching Package - Practice Keys
- NFCA Practice Plans and Drills Package
eBook (Year One)
- NFCA Hitting and Drills eBook
Videos (Year One)
- Drill #2 - Bat Sprints
- Drill #8 - Belly Pops
- Drill #11 - Beat the Runner
Packages (Year Two)
- NFCA Practice Plans and Drills Package
Videos (Year Two)
Join us for the GREATEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL EVENT OF THE YEAR! The Convention is a "must-attend" annual event!
- Win with us at the 2017 NFCA National Convention, Dec. 6-9 in Las Vegas
- Preconvention Seminars
- Keynote Speaker - TBD
- More Than Two Days of Clinic Sessions
- Mentoring Session
- Hall of Fame Induction Banquet
- Exhibitor Show
- 12 issues of the NFCA's member newspaper - Fastpitch Delivery - Each issue includes feature stories on coaches, instructional coaching articles and news of the game
- NFCA's member e-newsletter, Fastpitch Connected - Each weekly (or bi-weekly in the offseason) edition provides a quick look at the latest softball news
- Top Recruit - our once-a-year magazine focusing on the college-bound softball student-athlete. NFCA members who sign up for the Camp Network can receive free issues of the current year's publication for their campers. It is published each April. Click HERE to view the current issue.
- Digital downloads and DVDs of quality, relevant softball education, including 2016 Convention videos, can be found in our NFCA online store and on Coachtube.com.
- Through our partnership with Coachtube, coaches can access and purchase NFCA educational content digitally in an easy-to-view format
- Also Available: NFCA Scoring Seminar AND NEW scoring and rules video "How to Maximize Strategy" on how to utilize the DP Flex rule (Rachel Lawson, Kentucky)
- Access to previous Educational Convention videos
- Lawyer Samantha Ekstrand serves as the NFCA's legal counsel. Each month she provides educational pieces (Counsel's Corner) in our monthly newspaper, Fastpitch Delivery. Counsel's Corner is now available for viewing HERE.
Mentoring Program (Convention)
- NFCA mentoring first began at the 2010 NFCA National Convention and continues to be one of the most popular sessions at the event. Coaches of all divisions join together to share ideas on how to improve as a coach and grow the game.
- Take part as either a mentor or mentee
- Each year at the Convention Mentoring session, mentees have the opportunity to receive FREE educational opportunities including a trip to spend a few days inside the program of the Division I national champion
- Other prizes include NFCC course registrations, future Convention registrations and memberships
Mentoring Program (Year Round)
- With the great success we've had at the NFCA National Convention Mentoring sessions, we have expanded the mentoring program as a service for our members.
“It’s (been) an invaluable experience."“It’s (been) an invaluable experience. Seeing that Division I programs go through the same ups and downs as a small community college in Louisiana was surprising, but awesome. What I’ve gained, I know I’ll carry with me the rest of my career.”— Amanda Nordberg-Hamilton, head coach, Bossier Parish Community College
“To give your time to someone else is really special."“Everybody that’s in the NFCA has so much to learn and share. To give your time to someone else is really special. At the same time, you don’t realize how much you get out of it yourself. You’re smiling because your two friends are doing really well and they’re there for me. It was really easy to talk about anything.” — Kris Ganeff, associate coach, University of Notre Dame
"It’s an easy way to give back."“I hear a lot of people talk about how they want more out of the NFCA, but they don’t know how. It’s an easy way to give back. A little time is really all that’s required. It can be incredibly beneficial to get the experience of what other people do.” — Alicia Abbott, assistant coach, Northern Illinois University
- Educational tool featuring member coaches sharing insigt on softball related topics
- Designed to help coaches be the best they can be by listening to a member coach, expert in the field or another individual or group share their knowledge of a specific topic
- New episodes will go live on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. ET
- New episodes, topics and guests will be regularly announced via the NFCA’s online newsletter and social media accounts
- Past episodes will be available to listen to at any time by choosing the podcast link online at NFCA.org
- "Preparing to Play Softball at the Collegiate Level" - Cathi Aradi
- Information and resources to aid players, parents and high school/youth coaches with the recruiting process
- NCAA Rules & Resources
- College Board
- SAT/ACT Testing
- Financial Aid Resources
- NFCA Recruiting Resources
- National & State High School Associations
- Provide an inside look at softball scorekeeping
- Video that guides you through basic methods, rules and oddities of keeping the official scorebook
- Learn to accurately score a softball game
Tip Tuesday presented by Triple Crown Sports
- Each Tuesday, check out our social media accounts (Twitter, YouTube,Instagram) for a new tip or drill from one of our NFCA members
- Email us your tips or drills to email@example.com
- Check out our videos on YouTube
Inside Pitch presented by Triple Crown Sports
- Members receive a bi-weekly email of educational tips and drills.